DAR SUPPORTS RPAC
What is RPAC?
By contributing to RPAC, you are able to support REALTOR®-friendly legislators who believe in our industry and believe in protecting private property rights, preserving the American dream of home ownership, fighting for tax reforms and reducing burdensome regulations on our business.
By becoming part of RPAC, you’ll not only have the power to make a change in the way you do business, but you’ll also become part of a statewide network – more than 23,000 members strong – sharing in the success on issues and concerns important to you!
With RPAC, REALTORS® from across the state have the chance to come together and become active in our nation’s most powerful and effective lobbying machine. Call your local association to see when the next legislative meeting will take place. It’s a great way to meet fellow REALTOR® members and get involved at a new level. The best part is that once you are involved, the benefits are tremendous and they last forever.
RPAC Helps Your Business Succeed
RPAC is the real estate industry’s insurance to promote and protect the real estate profession for all MAR members. With term limits it’s more important than ever to contribute.
CONTRIBUTE TO RPAC
CALL TO ACTION
When Congress is considering legislation that affects the real estate industry, NAR calls on its members to act. Simply by contacting your Member of Congress through an e-mail or a phone call, you can ensure that your business remains strong. NAR members join together and speak with one loud, powerful voice.
DAR provides a number of resources to keep associations up to date on the latest fair housing information for REALTORS®. Educating and protecting the real estate professional on the best way to serve clients, without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or nationality, is a key goal of DAR’s and benefits every agent’s bottom line.
FAIR HOUSING DECLARATION
I agree to:
- Provide equal professional service without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or sexual orientation of any prospective client, customer, or of the residents of any community.
- Keep informed about fair housing law and practices, improving my clients’ and customers’ opportunities and my business.
- Develop advertising that indicates that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded;, expanding my client’s and customer’s opportunities to see, buy, or lease property.
- Inform my clients and customers about their rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws by providing brochures and other information.
- Document my efforts to provide professional service, which will assist me in becoming a more responsive and successful REALTOR®.
- Refuse to tolerate non-compliance.
- Learn about those who are different from me, and celebrate those differences.
- Take a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspire to follow the spirit as well as the letter of the law.
- Develop and implement fair housing practices for my firm to carry out the spirit of this declaration.